Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oh, you betcha!

Before starting this trip I was told that the accents in Minnesota are nothing like I was expecting them to be. Well, I can honestly say that the person who told me that was a huge stinky liar. My favorite part of this trip so far has been listening to, and trying to mimick, the accents of these people. It got worse as I traveled to Wisconsin for the weekend where everywhere I turned I heard someone saying "doncha know" or "you betcha!" I cant get over it.

I had to take a day off to go to Wisconsin for a funeral. This summer seems to be clouded by death. I guess I am just lucky that I was able to be with my family while we celebrated a wonderful life. My great grandpa Burt passed away last week at 93. He was married to his wife for 71 years. I only hope that I can find the type of happiness in another person that they found in eachother.

While in Wisconsin, we spent some time at my great grandparents house which is located on a corn field. It was awesome for a little photo shoot that Emily and I had but terrifying because it seems that the bears in town also hangout there. My stepdad's mother was staying in the house while she was in town and mentioned that she had heard a bear outside at night. We went to get dinner one night and there were about six of us standing in the driveway when we got back. I looked over my shoulder and said "oh hey, guys. There's that bear" I said this in a tone so calm that no one even looked up for about 15 seconds when it finally sunk in. In an even more ridiculous move, NO ONE panicked. Like the idiots that we are, we got out our cameras and started taking his picture, never once considering that we could be mauled at any moment. It took a legitimate three minutes for anyone to get nervous about this outrageously large, angry looking animal.

Today, Kina and I went kayaking! It was a nice break from our normally hectic schedule. It was a pretty solid reminder that I need to get back in the gym because my shoulders were BURNING! Per usual, I came home after and took a nap and proceeded to eat a calzone the side of my head. Great job, Allison.

We are looking forward to this weeks events and getting to go see our friends at RAYGUN. Hopefully, I will have plenty to write about!

Peace and Grizzly bears,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment