Sunday, July 31, 2011

Des Moines: French for The Moines

Today, we left Des Moines and traveled to Springfield. As always, we are more than ecstatic to be in Missouri because it is the least sucky of all of our markets. More than anything we are happy to be out of our DISGUSTING hotel in Des Moines. We spent a whole week there and I am pretty sure that we had a complaint for the front desk every single day. The worst of our troubles were that Kina's room smelled like mold and we kept finding moldy spots on the walls and I found TWO...yes, you read that correcting, TWO..roaches in my bathroom this morning. When I found them, I still had to pack all of my stuff but let me tell you, I was still packed and completely out of the room in T-minus 10 minutes after finding those little grossos. If packing were an event in the Crossfit Games (that I so sorrowfully couldn't watch because of our traveling) I would have won. forrr certain.

I woke up this morning with what looked like a pimple under my eye. After taking my makeup off this evening I realized that its an even worse version of the little rashes that I have been getting under my eye and it HURTS. I blame this in whole on our last hotel. I realize it didn't start this rash situation,because I've been getting them all summer, but I am certain that it somehow made it worse. AND it hurts. Thanks alot, Fairfield Inn of West Des Moines....because of you I look like a mutant.

We went out in style though with our RAYGUN tshirts on! Our goal for this week is to get back into the routine of working out so that those shirts will fit a little bit better! We have been so worn out after long work days in extreme heat the last couple weeks that we have given up on working out and replaced it instead with excessive amounts of sleep. There have been heat advisories basically everywhere we have been this summer and 90% of our work is done outside so we have been really tired! So, this week we are planning on making time for the gym every day to get used to making it part of our day again. Wish us luck, we will surely need it.

I am so close to home :) I am already counting down the days. While I am so sad to be leaving Kina alone on this adventure, I am totally looking forward to normal life where I can lay on my couch in the AC rather than sweat my butt off.

Okay, I'm going to go blow some giant bubbles off the balcony. I'm so glad I let Kina talk me into buying a giant bubble wand.

Peace and Bubbles,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment